Ace:Audit Manager Installation Guide
The ACE Audit manager is a web portal to monitor the integrity of any collection you specify. The manager will register any new files found in addition to checking the integrity of files in a collection during an audit.
Before you begin, you will need to have the following software installed:
- Java 1.8 or later http://java.sun.com
- Tomcat 7.0 or later http://tomcat.apache.org
- MySQL 4.0 or later http://www.mysql.org
- MySQL connector 5.0.7 or better http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/j/
The following files are needed to install the Audit Manager
- ace-am.sql : sql tables
- ace-am.war: ace webapp
- ace-am.xml: ace configuration file
The latest versions of these can be downloaded from: https://gitlab.umiacs.umd.edu/adapt/ace/tags/ace-1.11
This is for new installations only. To update, follow the directions here
- 1. Create Database
- Create a new database called 'aceam', grant permissions and setup table structure.
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 4.1.20 Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer. mysql> create database aceam; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec) mysql> grant all on aceam.* to 'aceam'@'localhost' identified by 'YOUR_PASSWORD'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) mysql> use aceam; Database changed mysql> source ace-am.sql; ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'aceam.ACTIVITY_LOG_ENTRY' doesn't exist ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'aceam.ACTIVITY_LOG_ENTRY' doesn't exist ... ... Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) Records: 0 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0 mysql> exit Bye
The ace.sql listed is the file from above. Set YOUR_PASSWORD to a password to use for this database. This password is only used to connect the Audit Manager to the database.
- 2. Install Webapp
- Install tomcat on your server and verify it's working. Shutdown the server and place a copy of the ace-am.war file in your TOMCAT/webapps directory. Place a copy of the configuration file ace-am.xml in your TOMCAT/conf/Catalina/localhost directory. Open up the configuration file and edit the following setting.
<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1" name="jdbc/aceamdb" password="ace" username="aceam" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/aceam?characterEncoding=UTF-8" testOnBorrow="true" type="javax.sql.DataSource" validationQuery="SELECT 1"/>
Change the password from YOUR_PASSWORD to whatever you used above.
- Place a copy of the mysql-connector-java-5.0.XX-bin.jar in your TOMCAT/lib directory.
- 3. Register your first collection
- When the monitor starts up, you will see a status screen with no collections.
- Click Add Collection from the status screen.
- You should be prompted for a password. Enter 'admin' for both the username and password.
- Enter a descriptive name, and the directory you want to monitor. Choose the type of storage where this directory is located.
- Click Configure Storage when finished.
- If you selected something other than local for your storage, a box will appear with additional setting you need to fill out.
- Click Save when finished.
- 4. Audit your collection
- Click the Status link at the top of the page. Click on the name of the collection and then click the icon in the details box. Your collection will now scan all files and register tokens. Please see the User Documentation for more details.