Jump to navigation Jump to search
- BodyVis: A New Approach to Body Learning Through Wearable Sensing and Visualization. Leyla Norooz, Matthew Mauriello, Anita Jorgensen, Brenna McNally, Jon Froehlich Best Paper Honorable Mention See also: video
- Head-Mounted Display Visualizations to Support Sound Awareness for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Dhruv Jain, Leah Findlater, Jamie Gilkeson, Benjamin Holland, Ramani Duraiswami, Dmitry Zotkin, Christian Vogler, Jon Froehlich See also: YouTube video.
- Understanding the Role of Thermography in Energy Auditing: Current Practices and the Potential for Automated Solutions. Matthew Mauriello, Leyla Norooz, Jon Froehlich Best Paper Honorable Mention See also: preview video | video figure
- A spoonful of sugar? The impact of guidance and feedback on password-creation behavior. R. Shay, L. Bauer, N. Christin, L. Cranor, A. Forget, S. Komanduri, M. Mazurek, W. Melicher, S. Segreti, and B. Ur
- Effect of Machine Translation in Interlingual Conversation: Lessons from a Formative Study. Hara, K. and Shamsi T. Iqbal
- Personalized, Wearable Control of a Head-mounted Display for Users with Upper Body Motor Impairments. Meethu Malu and Leah Findlater
- Trajectory Bundling for Animated Transitions. Fan Du, Nan Cao, Jian Zhao, Yu-Ru Lin
- On Vintage Values: The Experience of Secondhand Fashion Reacquisition. Bowser, A., Haimson, O., Melcer, E. & Churchill, E. F.
- Online Inspiration and Exploration for Identity Reinvention. Haimson, O., Bowser, A., Melcer, E. & Churchill, E. F.
- uCap: An Internet Data Management Tool For The Home. Chetty, M., Kim, H., Sundaresan, S., Burnett, S., Feamster, N., and Edwards, W.K.
- Designing Conversation Cues on a Head-Worn Display to Support Persons with Aphasia. Kristin Williams, Karyn Moffatt, Denise McCall, and Leah Findlater
Works in Progress
- AtmoSPHERE: Representing Space and Movement Using Sand Traces in an Interactive Zen Garden. Ruofei Du, Kent Wills, Max Potasznik, Jon Froehlich
- “I Like This Shirt”: Exploring the Translation of Social Mechanisms in the Virtual World into Physical Experiences. Ladan Najafizadeh, Seokbin Kang, Jon Froehlich
- Kids in Fairytales: Experiential and Interactive Storytelling in Children’s Libraries. Seokbin Kang, Youngwoon Lee, Suwoong Lee
- add here
Positioning the "Alternative" within "Systems." Anne Bowser, Elizabeth Tyson, Dave Rejeski. To be presented at the Designing Alternate Systems for Local Communities Workshop.
- add here
CHI Academy honor
- Catherine Plaisant to attend banquet
- Alina Goldman
- Meethu Malu