AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator
This page is currently under construction.
The AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator is a laminator that has the capacity to laminate in multiple sizes up to 8.5" x 11". Can accommodate paper thickness of 3 and 5 millimeters.
The AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator uses heat to laminate and although burns are unlikely, it is important to use good judgment about safety. A burn smell may occur when using the machine so getting good ventilation is important, especially when doing big projects with this machine.
We are currently building our training module for this tool. In the meantime, there are some very helpful videos that can help you familiarize yourself with the machine.
Self-training via this wiki, user manuals, or other sources is encouraged but does not substitute for the online training module. Students found using this tool without completing the Canvas training module are subject to disciplinary action which may include termination of Sandbox access.
Tips & Tricks
- There is a release button at the back of the machine in case your project gets jammed.
- Takes about 3 minutes to heat up, when it's ready the indicator light will turn green.
- In order to prevent jams, be sure to insert your sheet as straight as you can
- Laminating sheets
A downloaded copy of the AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator manual can NOT be found on our shared drive
Manufacturer's Web Site
- AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator Exterior: 13.4″ x 4.8″ x 2.4″ (340.36mm x 121.92mm x 60.96mm)
- 2.64 lbs in weight
Can laminate pages up to 8.5" x 11" in size and 3 to 5 millimeters in thickness.
- [insert here]
- Electricity/working electrical outlet
- All accessories
- [insert here]