ELMS / Canvas
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The official Singh Sandbox training site is located at: https://umd.instructure.com/courses/1274047
- If that course is not viewable, make sure you are enrolled by visiting https://umd.instructure.com/enroll/YWPBAX or ter.ps/Learn2Make
- The Singh Sandbox Maker Space uses ELMS / Canvas to host a series of short training modules used for safety and basic usage certification
- ELMS / Canvas is University of Maryland's Learning Management System (LMS)
- ELMS stands for Enterprise Learning Management System but apparently nobody uses that acronym.
- Using the UMD campus LMS allows us to present training in a uniform fashion and ensures that we maintain accurate records about who has completed the training necessary to use a particular tool.
- Training modules are short (10-20 minutes on average) modules intended to teach the most important safety information and basic usage information.
- If you are unable to see all of the course modules, be sure you are enrolled. Check the below link to enroll.
- All students must complete the Introduction module before getting accessing any of the other tool training modules.
- Our Canvas instance allows students to self-enroll by clicking on the 'enroll' link found on the main course page.
- If a student asks to be signed up for the course, email or otherwise send them the link https://umd.instructure.com/enroll/YWPBAX or ter.ps/Learn2Make