The Orbital Sander is a great tool to finish up your projects when hand sanding is just isn't enough. With variable speed control and interchangeable sanding pads, you can control precisely how much material you want to take off. Use this tool to give a smooth finish to your woodworking or metal projects.
Training is required to use this tool. The training can be taken here.
Tips & Tricks
- It is very easy to do too much when using a powered sander. Check your workpiece time-to-time to make sure you don't over sand and take too much material off at one time.
- Keep the power cord away from the sanding disk, as it can get caught while the sander is in use, leading to possible injuries and/or damage to equipment.
- Make sure to have dust and eye protection on to stop small particles from going inside you.
- Connect the outlet of the sander to a vacuum hose to minimize the amount of dust being expelled in the room.
A pdf copy of the manual can be viewed on the sandbox shared drive here.
- Sanding Disks - The primary consumable of this tool are sanding disks. Make sure to check if the disk is not worn out before using. If you cannot find the specific grit sanding disk you're looking for, please contact a manager.