The reciprocating saw is a fast and powerful tool for the rapid cutting of material. It is very versatile in that it can cut a variety of material from metal, wood to pvc and much more. It is usually intended for applications that require rapid, not too fine cutting.
Training is required to use this tool. The training module will be posted here.
Tips & Tricks
- Always remove the battery when changing the blade. After cutting, wait for a few minutes before touching the blade as it may be hot.
- Make sure the correct blade is used according to the material being cut.
- Hold the tool tightly, as there is kickback when the blade starts going through the material.
- Make sure to clamp the material tightly when cutting.
A pdf copy of the manual can be viewed on the sandbox shared drive here.
- Blades - The primary consumable for this tool are blades. Contact a manager to get the correct blade according to the material you will be cutting. In case the blade breaks while cutting, notify a manager.