This page outlines how to setup a UMIACS IMAP mailbox in the IOS mail application on an iPhone.
- UMIACS IMAP Mailbox
- Open the Settings app, scroll to the 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' -> 'Add Account'.
- Click the 'Other' option underneath the list of Email Providers.
- Choose 'Add Mail Account' under the mail option.
- Enter your name, UMIACS e-mail address, password, and an description of the account. Click 'Next'.
- Make sure your are in the IMAP tab, then click 'Next' when the information provided is correct.
- Provide the correct server settings as show below.
- Incoming Mail server
- 'User Name': your username (NOTE: Do not include @umiacs.umd.edu)
- 'Password': your password
- Outgoing Mail server (This is important to make sure that you can send mail.)
- Username and password should be the same as your UMIACS username and password.
- Enable "Use SSL". Authentication should be "Password". Server port should be 587.
- If desired, disabled the Notes application from using this IMAP account. (Default behavior is to leave it enabled)
You should now start to see mail arriving in your Mail app inbox.
If you ran into trouble with the steps outlined above, or would like additional assistance, please contact the UMIACS Help Desk.