This page outlines how to setup a UMIACS IMAP mailbox in the macOS mail application.
- UMIACS IMAP Mailbox
- Open the MailApp and go to 'Mail' -> 'Preferences'. Then navigate to the 'Accounts' tab.
- Click the '+' underneath the list of currently configured accounts.
- Select 'Other Mail Account...'
- Enter your UMIACS e-mail address and password. Click 'Sign In'.
- Provide the correct server settings as show below
- Incoming Mail server
- Outgoing Mail server
- If desired, disable the Notes application from using this IMAP account. (Default behavior is to leave it enabled)
- To ensure you can send mail, under Outgoing MailServer (SMTP) in the Account Information tab you should see Edit SMTP Server List
- Make sure you're looking the correct account. Set Authentication to Password and put in your credentials.
You should now start to see mail arriving in your MailApp inbox and you should be able to send mail from you umiacs account.
If you ran into trouble with the steps outlined above, or would like additional assistance, please contact the UMIACS Help Desk.