This page outlines how to setup a UMIACS IMAP mailbox in the Thunderbird desktop application.
- UMIACS IMAP Mailbox
- Thunderbird installed on your machine
- Open the Thunderbird and click on Email under Create a New Account
- Click on skip this and use my existing email
- Enter your name, UMIACS email address, and password in their respective boxes
- When you hit enter, Thunderbird won't be able to find the correct settings- which is okay.
- Fill it out according to the below image
- Assuming your log in was correct, you should be logged in after pressing Done
You should now start to see mail arriving in your inbox.
If you ran into trouble with the steps outlined above, or would like additional assistance, please contact the UMIACS Help Desk.