Server settings for the UMIACS IMAP Service
- Incoming (IMAP)
- Server: imap.umiacs.umd.edu
- Port: 993
- SSL: On
- Outgoing (SMTP)
- Server: smtp.umiacs.umd.edu
- Port: 25
- STARTTLS: On
Alternate Configuration for Sites that Block Port 25
You can use the submission port,
- Port: 587
In place of port 25 in your Outgoing (SMTP) settings when sites block port 25. This is a setting that if you do a large amount of traveling we encourage you to set. Please note that you still need to set STARTTLS on.
In your ~/.pinerc you need to set the following variables:
In your ~/.muttrc file you need to set the following parameters:
set folder="imap://imap.umiacs.umd.edu/INBOX" set spoolfile="imap://imap.umiacs.umd.edu" set smtp_url="smtp://smtp.umiacs.umd.edu"
Our traditional IMAP service is now part of a larger email architecture that provides SPAM/Virus Filtering and new and improved IMAP service.
- New Features include:
- Faster IMAP service
- Mailbox Access Control Lists (you can share a specific mailbox or tree of mailboxes with colleagues)
- Much improved vacation settings for our IMAP customers
- User friendly web front end to do server side sorting of your mail Sieve Mail Filtering