This page outlines the various account types at UMIACS.
A traditional UMIACS account consists of the following components:
- Active Directory Account
- Provides access to UMIACS-supported Linux/Windows/macOS computers, IMAP/Exchange E-Mail, AR controlled resources, UMIACS Web Services, and the VPN.
- JIRA Account
- Provides access to the JIRA Request Tracker. Please note that it is possible to set a separate password for this account, at which point it will no longer be synced from your Active Directory Account. Changing your Jira password DOES NOT change any your Active Directory Account password.
Guest / Collaborator Account
- Collaborator Accounts
- Sponsored account to provide temporary access to UMIACS Web Services for non-UMIACS collaborators.
Changing account password
The UMIACS Password Web Application can be used to change the password for UMIACS and UMIACS Collaborator accounts.
|To reset a forgotten password -- Stop by the UMIACS Help Desk in room 3142 A.V. Williams Building with a photo ID|
Resetting a Forgotten Passwords
UMIACS requires positive identification to reset forgotten password.
- To reset a forgotten password
- Please stop by the UMIACS Help Desk in room 3142 A.V. Williams Building with a photo ID.
If you are unable to physically stop by the UMIACS Help Desk, you can have your Account sponsor stop by the UMIACS Help Desk to reset the password on your behalf. The account sponsor will then be responsible to conveying the password to you in a secure manner. (i.e. Telephone, where they could identify you by voice)