UMIACS has deployed a system with 3 Barracuda Networks spam firewalls. This allows for enterprise level Virus and Spam scoring and filtering for our email architecture. You can log in to the system using any of our 3 firewalls using your UMIACS username and Unix password: pompom, homsar, bubs
Mail Flow Through Barracudas
- Currently users that receive mail at Exchange or IMAP will be serviced by the Barracudas.
- The first time your mail flows through one of the Barracudas it will send you a mail with a new username and password. Subsequently you will receive every day (unless you configure otherwise) a mail at approx. 3:30 EST from the Barracuda with your quarantine summary.
- Mail that has been deemed as spam will be kept on the Barracudas in quarantine. It will not be delivered to your mailbox unless you configure the Barracudas to do so.
- Your quarantine will be preserved for 21 days. If mail is held for longer, then it will be purged. At the bottom of your 3:30 quarantine mail you will see a link that will take you straight to your quarantine.
- If you receive a security warning in your browser after clicking this link, you may need to add the UMIACS Certificate Authority
- You can search your spam quarantine with the following steps BarracudaSpamFirewall/SearchingQuarantine
- If you wish to have the mail that would ordinarily be quarantined by Barracuda delivered to your mailbox instead you can configure this using the Barracuda web configuration.
- You can enable this functionality with the following guide BarracudaSpamFirewall/QuarantinePassthrough
Whitelists, Blacklists & Bayesian Filtering
- You may also setup whitelists, blacklists, and Bayesian filtering options through the Preferences tab at the top of the Barracuda web portal.
- For more information on how to use the Barracuda please download the user's guide: