Jump to navigation Jump to search
Types of rooms
- The largest type of room available in the building, these are meant for larger events and must be scheduled through the designated moderator for the room.
- Large Conference
- These rooms are scheduled, and require a moderator to approve the meeting event.
- Small Conference
- These rooms are scheduled, but will auto-accept your meeting without requiring moderation.
- Meant for last-minute, short-term meetings for one or two people or personal phone calls.
- Can only be scheduled at the touch panel. Cannot be scheduled ahead of time through Google Calendar.
Conference rooms are scheduled with UMD’s Google Calendar system along with a touch panel outside the room. The touch panel quickly allows you to see the status of the room: red if the room is reserved right now and green if it is open. You can walk up to the panel and reserve the room if it is unoccupied within the next 12 hours.
Our conference rooms have different AV capabilities based on the size of the room you are using. For launch day we are still working on a number of the capabilities in these rooms and you should be able to plug in your laptop to display to the screen and projector. In the future we will outline and give sessions on how to utilize the different functionalities in our conference rooms.