Jump to navigation Jump to search
Types of rooms
- [[Iribe/ConferenceRooms/Moderated | Moderated Rooms]
- Seminar and large conference areas must be scheduled through the designated moderator for the room.
- Auto-Accept Rooms
- These rooms are scheduled, but will automatically accept your meeting without requiring moderation.
- Huddle Rooms
- Meant for last-minute, short-term meetings for one to three people or for personal phone calls.
- Huddle rooms can only be scheduled at the touch panel. They cannot be scheduled ahead of time through Google Calendar.
Conference rooms are scheduled with UMD’s Google Calendar system along with a touch panel outside the room. The touch panel quickly allows you to see the status of the room: red if the room is reserved right now and green if it is open. You can walk up to the panel and reserve the room if it is unoccupied within the next 12 hours.
Our conference rooms have different AV capabilities based on the size of the room you are using. For launch day we are still working on a number of the capabilities in these rooms and you should be able to plug in your laptop to display to the screen and projector. In the future we will outline and give sessions on how to utilize the different functionalities in our conference rooms.