Types of Rooms
- Moderated Rooms
- Seminar and large conference areas must be scheduled through the designated moderator for the room. They have room PCs, so bringing your own device is not required to use the display.
- Auto-Accept Rooms
- These 6-12 person rooms are scheduled, but will automatically accept your meeting without requiring moderation. They have room PCs, so bringing your own device is not required to use the display.
- Huddle Rooms
- These 1-3 person rooms can only be scheduled at the touch panel. They cannot be scheduled ahead of time through Google Calendar. They do not have room PCs, so you must bring your own device to use the display.
- Viewing one or more rooms
- Reserving a room
- [Moderator] Approving a room request
- [Moderator] Enabling notifications for pending requests
Conference room availability can be viewed with UMD’s Google Calendar system or from a touch panel outside each individual room. The touch panel quickly allows you to see the status of the room: red if the room is reserved right now and green if it is open.
We also offer a list of conference rooms scheduled with the UMD Google Calendar system.
Conference rooms are reserved with UMD’s Google Calendar system along with a touch panel outside the room. The touch panel quickly allows you to see the status of the room: red if the room is reserved right now and green if it is open. You can walk up to the panel and reserve the room if it is unoccupied within the next 12 hours (non-moderated rooms only).
Our conference rooms have different AV capabilities based on the size of the room you are using. In all rooms, you should at a minimum be able to either plug in your laptop to display to the projector and screen(s), or use the Solstice Mersive Pod found in each room to display wirelessly. In the future we will outline and give sessions on how to effectively use the different functionalities in our conference rooms.