Mathematica is freely available to all University-owned machines. On our UMIACS-supported Linux hosts, Mathematica is already available in the following locations:
- RHEL5: /opt/stow/mathematica9/bin/mathematica
- RHEL6/Ubuntu: /opt/common/mathematica9/bin/mathematica
For UMIACS-supported Windows machines, or other self-supported University-owned equipment, please contact Staff
There is no automated way to activate Mathematica across our domain. As a result, each computer will have to be registered once against our hosted license server. Any user can go through this process, and it should persist until the host is reinstalled.
- Upon being prompted, click "Other ways to activate" in the bottom row:Mathematica 9 Activation Screen 1
- Click "Connect to a network license server":
Mathematica 9 Activation Screen 2
- Enter "licserv.umiacs.umd.edu" as the license server. Click "Activate":
Mathematica 9 Activation Screen 3
- Accept the terms, and click ok:
Mathematica 9 Activation Screen 4
- Mathematica should now be activated for that machine.