Jump to navigation Jump to search
Download and Install the Pulse Secure Client
Pulse Secure for iOS enables secure connectivity over SSL VPN to internal UMIACS resources. The app can be downloaded for free from the App Store:
Configuring the Client
- When the client is first launched, it will prompt you to accept its license agreement. Click 'Accept' to continue.
- You may need to enter a Corporate E-mail address or URL before continuing. Enter vpn.umiacs.umd.edu.
- Select 'Configuration' (Note: Ipad version looks slightly different. Click on 'Connect', then 'Add', then follow the rest of the steps below)
- You will then be prompted for some basic information. You will need to provide the following information and then click 'save'
- Name: UMIACS VPN
- URL: vpn.umiacs.umd.edu
- Username: your umiacs username goes here
Using the Client
- After the client has been configured, you can simply hit the 'Connect' button to start the VPN Connection.
- Enter your UMIACS password, and hit 'sign in'
- You are now connected. You connection status is verified by the VPN symbol in the top status bar.
- To stop the VPN tunnel, click 'Disconnect'