Please note that this tutorial assumes you already have a network connection established. Authentication is handled via the Windows domain. If you have an account in the PC Active Directory, you already have access.
The UMIACS VPN is accessible through the Pulse Secure Client. Alternatively, you can establish a connection through a web browser.
Connecting through the Pulse Secure client
- Download the client:
- Navigate to the download location in terminal. e.g.: cd ~/Downloads
- Install the package with dependencies, providing your password for sudo when requested.
- sudo dpkg -i PulseSecure.deb && /usr/local/pulse/PulseClient_x86_64.sh install_dependency_packages
- Start the client.
- and click 'Add' (+) under the connection section.
- Enter a name for your VPN connection and the server URL 'vpn.umiacs.umd.edu'
- Enter your UMIACS Windows side credentials and hit connect.
You should now be connected to the UMIACS VPN. You can close the window and the VPN will remain connected.
Checking VPN Status
- Launch the Pulse Client GUI
- Select the down arrow to show connection status.