Difference between revisions of "Network/VPN/Windows"
Revision as of 15:55, 5 February 2016
Please note that this tutorial assumes you already have a network connection established. Authentication is handled via the Windows domain. If you have an account in the PC Active Directory, you already have access.
The UMIACS VPN is accessible through the Junos Pulse Client. Alternatively, you can establish a connection through a web browser.
Connecting through the Junos Pulse client
- Download the client:
- Start the client if it is not already running - it usually starts by default on bootup
- If the client is already running, double click it's icon from the status bar
- and click 'Add' (+) under the connection section
- Enter a name for your VPN connection and the server URL 'vpn.umiacs.umd.edu'
- Enter your UMIACS windows side credentials and hit connect
Connecting through a web browser
Connecting to the VPN via the web browser requires that Java be enable on your machine. For additional information on Java, as well as download links and install instructions please see: http://www.java.com
- Open up a browser and go to 'vpn.umiacs.umd.edu'
- Log in using your UMIACS windows side credentials
- Click 'Start' in the Network Connect section towards the bottom right hand side of the page.
- This will launch a Java applet that will open up a new window showing the status of your VPN connection.
- Keep an eye out for a notification at the top of your browser requesting permission to run Java.
- To disconnect from the VPN click 'Sign Out' in the browser.