Difference between revisions of "Network/VPN/Windows"
Revision as of 13:50, 7 July 2016
Please note that this tutorial assumes you already have a network connection established. Authentication is handled via the Windows domain. If you have an account in the PC Active Directory, you already have access.
The UMIACS VPN is accessible through the Junos Pulse Client. Alternatively, you can establish a connection through a web browser.
Connecting through the Junos Pulse client
- Download the client:
- Start the client if it is not already running - it usually starts by default on bootup
- If the client is already running, double click it's icon from the status bar
- and click 'Add' (+) under the connection section
- Enter a name for your VPN connection and the server URL 'vpn.umiacs.umd.edu'
- Enter your UMIACS windows side credentials and hit connect
You should now be connected to the UMIACS VPN.