Please note that this tutorial assumes you already have a network connection established. Authentication is handled via the Windows domain. If you have an ActiveDirectory account, you already have access.
The UMIACS VPN is accessible through the Pulse Secure Client. Alternatively, you can establish a connection through a web browser.
Connecting through the Pulse Secure client
- Download the client:
- Start the client if it is not already running - it usually starts by default on bootup.
- If the client is already running, double click its icon from the status bar.
- and click 'Add' (+) under the connection section.
- Enter a name for your VPN connection and the server URL 'vpn.umiacs.umd.edu'
- Enter your UMIACS Windows side credentials and hit connect.
You should now be connected to the UMIACS VPN.
Checking VPN Status
- In the bottom right hand corner, in your status bar, you should see an S icon. If there's a green arrow, that means you are connected! If there is nothing, that means you are not.
- You can hover over this icon and it will show you the status of your connection.