Hosting a Website
Hosting a website in OBJ is quite easy and can be done in a few simple steps. There are two different ways you can set up your OBJ bucket to host a static website.
First Method (Using the Web Interface):
- Create a bucket. Make sure to choose a bucket name carefully since this will be part of the web URL.
- Upload your index.html file and error.html file (optional) on the bucket that you just created.
- Once the bucket is created, click on Bucket Settings
- On the settings page, click on the blue Make Public button.
- Under Website Hosting, enter the name of your index.html (and optionally error.html) file and hit Submit.
Second Method (Using the CLI):
Once the bucket is configured and all the .html files are uploaded, please log into your Umiacs Directory and update the Home Page to
Accessing the Website
You can access your personal website by using the default URL which has the form
http://<Bucket_name>.umiacs.io. Alternatively, you can also visit
www.umiacs.umd.edu/~username to visit your website.