The OpenLAB computing facility is a collection of initial nodes that all our users can use for their basic computer needs. They are backed by our NFShomes home directories. We currently run Red Enterprise Linux 6.
Remote Login Nodes
Please connect to openlab.umiacs.umd.edu as it will connect you one of the two following remote login nodes. These are available via SSH.
The RSA SSH fingerprint for "openlab.umiacs.umd.edu" and all these specific hosts is,
There are two types of nodes we have:
- 8 Sun Fire X2200 M2 nodes with Dual Operon (2.2ghz) Quad Core Processors (8 logical processors each), 8GB of ram and a local 750GB 7200RPM scratch disk. These will can be scheduled with the basic Torque queue dque.
- 2 nodes with Dual E5-2690 (8 logical processors each), 128GB of ram and 2 400GB local scratch disks. Additionally these each have two Tesla K20c GPUs available in each node. These nodes need to be scheduled with the Torque queue gpu.
- 2 Dell Precision R5400 nodes with Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) X5260 CPUs with 8GB RAM each. They each also have specific GPGPU cards. These can also be scheduled using the basic dpque.
- openlab10.umiacs.ud.edu - NVIDIA Tesla C2050 GPU with a total of Four (4x) C2080 GPU processors
- openlab11.umiacs.umd.edu - NVIDIA Tesla S870 GPU with a total of Two (2x) C870 GPU processors
OpenLAB Desktop Resources
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- jackson.pc.umiacs.umd.edu (AVW 4430)
- Mac OS X 10.8
- koala.umiacs.umd.edu (AVW 4430)