Difference between revisions of "Setting File Permissions in Windows"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Mbaney moved page Setting File Permissions in Windows 7 to Setting File Permissions in Windows without leaving a redirect)
Revision as of 18:24, 31 August 2016
- In order to change the permissions of a file or directory in Windows, follow the steps as listed below.
- Right-click the file or directory you would like to change permissions for and click on 'Properties.'
- After the properties menu comes up, select the tab labeled 'Security'.
- Click on the button at the bottom of the menu labeled 'Advanced'.
- Select the 'Change Permissions' button at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the user or group you would like to change permissions for, or use the 'Add' button to grant permission to another user or group.
- Apply or deny permissions for each user which needs to be updated.
- Apply all changes by clicking the 'OK' or 'Apply' button at the bottom of each menu as necessary.