Setting File Permissions in Windows
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to set file permissions in Windows 7.
Setting Permissions in Windows 7
- Right-click the file or directory you would like to change permissions for and click on 'Properties.'
- After the properties menu comes up, select the tab labeled 'Security'
- Click on the button at the bottom of the menu labeled 'Advanced'
- Select the 'Change Permissions' button at the bottom of the menu
- Select the user or group you would like to change permissions for, or use the 'Add' button to grant permission to another user or group
- Apply or deny permissions for each user which needs to be updated
- Apply all changes by clicking the 'OK' or 'Apply' button at the bottom of each menu as necessary