Windows Account Migration March 2018
When: Saturday, March 24th 2018 from 8am-11:59pm
UMIACS staff will be migrating all UMIACS user Windows accounts to a new domain to prepare for simplified password management. This migration will kickoff this process by moving from our existing Windows Active Directory domain to a new one. After this migration we will be starting a one month migration to consolidate from our UNIX Kerberos5 domain. No files or emails will be lost as part of this migration.
Actions you need to take
- Log off your Windows workstation (if you have one) prior to 8am on Saturday, March 24th, otherwise you will be forcibly logged out at this time.
Things to keep in mind
- Windows workstations will be unavailable to log into during this time.
- Exchange/Outlook email access will be interrupted during this time, however mail delivery will not be affected.
- Your password will not change.
After the migration has completed
- We will send a follow-up email announcing this.
- Your Windows account will now be of the form
PC\username. You must use this username format going forward. Services that will require this new format: