Windows Account Migration March 2018
When: Saturday, March 24th 2018 from 8am-11:59pm
UMIACS staff will be migrating all UMIACS user Windows accounts to a new domain to prepare for simplified password management. This migration will kickoff this process by moving from our existing Windows Active Directory domain (pc.umiacs.umd.edu) to a new one (ad.umiacs.umd.edu). After this migration we will be starting a one month migration to consolidate from our UNIX Kerberos5 domain.
No files or emails will be lost as part of this migration.
Actions you need to take
- Log off your Windows workstation (if you have one) prior to 8am on Saturday, March 24th, otherwise you will be forcibly logged out at this time.
- Your password will not change.
- Authentication to the Pulse Secure VPN will not be available.
- Windows workstations will be unavailable to log into during this time.
- Exchange email access will be interrupted during this time. Email will be delivered however will not be accessible from phones, Outlook, or Outlook Web Access.
After the migration has completed
- We will post an annoucement on https://intranet.umiacs.umd.edu when the migration has completed and will send a follow-up email announcing this.
- Your Windows account will now be of the form
PC\username. You must use this username format going forward. Services that will require this new format: