Note: Access to recordings is configured as requested by the speakers and may require a UMD login.
- 09-23-2020 Afra Mashhadi (University of Washington Bothell) Applications of deep learning in smart cities: Challenge and Opportunities
- 10-07-2020 Emily Bender (University of Washington) A Typology of Ethical Risks in Language Technology with an Eye -- Towards Where Transparent Documentation Can Help
- 10-14-2020 Dallas Card (Stanford University) Challenges and Opportunities in Evaluating Progress in NLP
- 10-27-2020 Yejin Choi (University of Washington) Commonsense Intelligence: Cracking the Longstanding Challenge in AI
- 11-11-2020 Emre Kıcıman (Microsoft) Causal machine learning and challenges in decision-making with real-world data