Sandbox's Prototyping Studio provides 3D printers and laser cutters designed to help you easily create, test, and iterate the design of your projects. The Prototyping Studio is located in Iribe Room 1223. The tool color code of this room is BLUE, if you find a hand tool with a blue marking it should be returned to this studio.
Standard Operating Procedures / Training
The tools in this studio require training before use. All who use these tools must follow all Sandbox Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as provided in the ELMS/Canvas training module for that tool as well as the SOP notes listed on each tool's wiki page linked below.
Hazard Warnings for Prototyping Studio
- No Food or Drink - No food or drink is allowed in this studio
If you are looking for something on this list, and you cannot find it in the room, tell a manager. It should not have left the room and may be missing or stolen.
- ULS VLS 6.60 Laser Cutter - Universal Laser Systems VLS 6.60 Laser Cutter
- Ultimaker_S5 - Ultimaker S5 FDM 3D Printer.
- Ultimaker_S3 - Ultimaker S3 FDM 3D Printer.
- Formlabs_Form_2 - FormLabs Form 2 SLA 3D Printer [ELMS Training not yet available]
- Desktop computers
- Creality_CR30 - Creality CR30 3D Printer
- Creality_Ender7 - Creality Ender 7 3D Printer
If you are looking for something on this list, and you cannot find it in the room, tell a manager. We can track it down and/or replace it.
- Digital Thickness Gauge
- Hobby knife
- Putty knife
- Flush cutter
- Formlabs_Wash_&_Cure - FormLabs Wash & Cure Stations
If you are looking for something on this list, and you cannot find it in the room, tell a manager. We likely have more stock in storage.
- 5mm plywood
- 2.85mm PLA filament
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Nitrile gloves
- Dish soap
- Hand soap
- Shop towels
- Lens cleaning wipes
- Cotton swabs