A great example of a Jekyll-generated site is the UMIACS Intranet page!
These instructions are taken from the official Jekyll quickstart guide.
- Install all the prerequisites to run Jekyll.
- Install the jekyll and bundler gems.
gem install jekyll bundler
- Create a new Jekyll site at ./mysite (use a better name of your choosing).
jekyll new mysite
- Change into your new directory.
- Build the site and make it available on a local server.
bundle exec jekyll serve
- Browse to http://localhost:4000