This page outlines the various account types at UMIACS.
A traditional UMIACS account consists of the following components:
- Linux / Kerberos Account
- Provides access to Linux computers, IMAP E-Mail, AR controlled resources, UMIACS Web Services.
- Windows / Active Directory Account
- Provides access to Windows computers, Exchange E-Mail, VPN.
- JIRA Account
- Provides access to the JIRA Request Tracker
Guest / Collaborator Account
- Collaborator Accounts
- Sponsored account to provide temporary access to UMIACS Web Services for non-UMIACS collaborators.
Changing account password
The UMIACS Password Web Application can be used to change the password for Linux, Windows, and Collaborator accounts.
|To reset a forgotten password -- Stop by the UMIACS Help Desk in room 3142 A.V. Williams Building with a photo ID|
Resetting a Forgotten Passwords
UMIACS requires positive identification to reset forgotten password.
- To reset a forgotten password
- Please stop by the UMIACS Help Desk in room 3142 A.V. Williams Building with a photo ID.
If you are unable to physically stop by the UMIACS Help Desk, you can have your Account sponsor stop by the UMIACS Help Desk to reset the password on your behalf. The account sponsor will then be responsible to conveying the password to you in a secure manner. (i.e. Telephone, where they could identify you by voice)