Windows Account Migration March 2018
When: Saturday, March 24th 2018 from 8am-12am (midnight on Sunday, March 25th)
UMIACS staff will be migrating all UMIACS user Windows accounts to a new domain to prepare for simplified password management. No files or emails will be lost as part of this migration.
Actions you need to take
- Log off your Windows workstation (if you have one) prior to 8am on Saturday, March 24th, otherwise you will be forcibly logged out at the time.
Things to keep in mind
- Windows workstations will be unavailable to log into during this time.
- Exchange/Outlook email access will be interrupted during this time, however mail delivery will not be affected.
- Your password will not change.
After the migration has completed
- We will send a follow-up email announcing this.
- Your Windows account will now be of the form UMIACS\username instead of PC\username. You must use this username format going forward. Services that will require this new format: