This page will show you how to reserve rooms through Google Calendar. Most all the steps will generally be the same for moderated and auto-accept rooms with the former requiring an additional step at the end for moderation to happen.
- Navigate to https://calendar.google.com.
- Ensure that you are logged into your UMD account. Only these accounts can schedule rooms. Terpmail accounts will not work; it must be just your @umd.edu email address account. Switch or add an account if not: Google has instructions here. When adding an account you will be prompted by Google for your email/phone. This is your UMD username that you use to log into the UMD Central Authentication System (CAS) appended with
@umd.edu. For example
firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be redirected to the UMD CAS login page if you don't have a current session open.
- Click "Create" to start adding event details. Then click "More options" to get a fuller view.
- Search for the room you wish to schedule by clicking the "Rooms" tab on the right.
- Rooms are of the form "IRB XXXX". Search for yours. Note: You can search available rooms only or all rooms. Rooms that appear with strikethough text are not available to reserve at the time(s) you have chosen.
- Finish filling out your event details.
- Hit "Save" and your event will be created. Moderated rooms will send email to the moderator(s) at this point. However, if this is an auto-accept room, you're done.