Ace:Audit Manager Upgrading
There are three steps to upgrading the audit manager, these are upgrading the application code, upgrading the underlying database, and finally updating any configuration files if necessary. The procedure for upgrading is listed below
These instructions are current for version 1.3
- 1. Note the version you are currently running
- Point your web browser at your ACE AM installation and look for the version at the bottom. If should look something like 1.2.2, or 1.3..
- 2. Stop the Audit Manager/Tomcat
- 3. Apply database patches
- Connect to your mysql database and apply any listed patches in order. You will need to apply all patches starting with your current version (see step 1) *in order*. See the table below for a list of what patches you need
- 4. Upgrade the ACE AM code
- 5. Update any configuration settings. (Versions prior to 1.3)
- In your TOMCAT/conf/Catalina/localhost/ace-am.xml file, you may need to add some settings. This is only needed if you are upgrading from 1.2.2 or earlier.
- Add the following lines to your configuration file, after the '<Resource auth....' section.
<!--Mail server to use when mailing reports. You will need to set this if you want reports to be mailed properly.--> <Parameter name="mail.server" value="localhost.localdomain"/> <!-- Set this e-mail address to an address e-mail should originate from --> <Parameter name="mail.from" value="aceam@localhost"/>
- These two settings specify a mail server and e-mail address to use when sending out reports. You should change these if the server running ACE does not run a mail server. Check with your sysadmin if you are not sure. On most unix systems, you can just use these defaults. For windows, talk to your system administrator for the correct settings.
- There is a sample configuration file available here
- 6. Restart ACE.
Database patches required to bring ace database up to version 1.3.
|Current Version||Database Update Files|