Welcome to the HCIL wiki. Log in with your UMD Directory ID and credentials to edit.
New to the HCIL?
Get started with some practical information: New To The HCIL
(and pointers/reminders for the HCIL coordinator only)
Brown Bag Lunch (BBL)
The HCIL community has an open semi-organized weekly "brown bag lunch" where we eat and discuss something about someone's work or a topic of current interest to the HCIL faculty or students. This might be a software demo or review, a study design, a proposed research topic in an early stage, an introduction to a new person, etc.
CHI Paper Clinic
The HCIL is home to a number of internal research groups lead by different faculty. Resources pertaining to these groups are listed below. To see a list of active HCIL members, projects, technical reports, etc., visit the HCIL Web Site.
Inclusive Design Lab
The Lab Calendar
View the calendar for the Lab (Rm 2105). To reserve this space, email the HCIL Coordinator, Rashida Bandy, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested date and time, as well as a short title/summary of the meeting (ex. Kidsteam).
- Projector in 2117
- Room Reservation
- Travel Reimbursement
- Adding projects pages, technical reports, news, software, books, etc.
- HCIL Logo
- Social Events - HCIL Social events - HCIL Running Club
- Hornbake Building Access Request Form Fill out and submit to Kathleen in iSchool Dean's Office
- Guests - For supporting guests in the HCIL
- Choosing the correct statistical test for your experiment
- HCIL Workshop on CHI Submission and Reviewing Process - July 2012
- Tips Tricks UMD — Tips from 1 HCIL visitor/international student to the next
- Code Library — Code others might find useful
- Skill Swap A page for HCILers to list topics they'd like to teach about or learn
- Website Resources Useful information on making changes tot HCIL website